We strive to perform your tattoo in the most hygienic way possible, we never skimp on our equipment and use the highest quality machines, needles and inks on the market. BUT after you leave the studio you will need to look after your tattoo during and after the healing process to ensure the best quality possible for years to come and minimise the risk of infection.
Here is a general guideline for aftercare, if you're new to tattoos then follow this and you won't go wrong, the more tattoos you have the better you know little tips and tricks to suit you personally.
- Wash your hands!!
- Remove the dressing applied by your artist at least 1 hour after application.
- Wash with warm soapy water, don't use anything abrasive and just use your normal soap or shower gel etc.
- Rinse well and tap dry with a clean towel (Try and keep a towel separate just for your tattoo)
- Leave to air dry for 20-30 minutes
- Apply a very small amount of cream which we will discuss with you at your appointment.
- DO NOT RE COVER unless otherwise recommended by your artist due to area etc.
- Repeat steps 3-6 morning and evening for 4-5 days. Your tattoo should flake rather than scab up thickly.
- Once the flakiness has finished and you 're left with dry flaky skin use E45 anti itch cream for a few days to bring the skin back to health.
You will find that the tattooed area will feel sore like sunburn and it may swell up, this is perfectly normal and can last a few days (In certain areas it can last a bit longer)
So just be clean, don't scratch, rub or pick your tattoo and once healed put high factor sun block on it when out in the sun!!! SUN DAMAGES YOUR TATTOO MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE!!
Any problems or questions please don't hesitate to contact us.